Kelly's Dill Pickles.
You can cook Kelly's Dill Pickles using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kelly's Dill Pickles
- You need 9 lb of pickling cucumbers washed and cut up.
- Prepare 1 envelope of Mrs. Wages quick process pickle mix.
- You need 6 clove of fresh garlic.
- You need 1 3/4 bunch of fresh basil/ 1-2 leaves per jar.
- It’s 1 bunch of fresh oregano/ 1 small piece per jar.
- Prepare 6 small of red or yellow cayenne peppers or banana peppers.
- You need 1 of mustard seed for each jar/ to taste.
- It’s 1 of white distilled vinegar and water.
Kelly's Dill Pickles step by step
- Prepare and process canning jars and lids according to manufacturer's instructions..
- Add basil, oregano, garlic, peppers, mustard seed and to each jar..
- Add cucumbers to each jar, packing tightly..
- Follow instructions on Mrs. Wages dill pickle packet and fill jars with hot liquid. Before placing lids on the jars, wipe the lid with a clean cloth to clear excess moisture..
- After filling jars, place upside down on a clean towel and leave overnight to seal. The directions call for a hot water bath but I find this makes the pickles too soft. If any do not seal just put them in the refrigerator..