Marinated Cucumber Red Onion Salad. Summertime is the right time for cucumber and tomato salad. This one is dressed with a basic homemade salad dressing. Reviews for: Photos of Marinated Cucumber, Onion, and Tomato Salad.
This cucumber and onion salad is one of the first recipes I came up with myself. It's a great salad for picnics or potlucks. I always come home with an empty bowl! —Brynn Steckman, Westerville, Ohio. You can cook Marinated Cucumber Red Onion Salad using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Marinated Cucumber Red Onion Salad
- You need 4 of large red Onions sliced.
- You need 3-4 of large cucumbers cleaned and sliced slightly thick rounds.
- It’s 1-2 cups of apple cider vinegar 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil 1/2 -2/3 cup sugar 1/2 teaspoon celery seed 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper or more to taste.
- You need of Option: 1 teaspoon Ground Tumeric powder.
Crisp cucumber, onion, and tomato – pair with creamy avocado and a tart and savory vinaigrette in this Marinated Cucumber, Tomato, & Red Onion Salad. Garnished with fresh dill, this bright salad is perfect for your next summer barbecue. Tips for making Marinated Cucumber, Tomato, and Onion Salad: This is a basic, simple recipe that can be easily customized. Add some chopped fresh dill or some dried Italian seasoning for more flavor.
Marinated Cucumber Red Onion Salad step by step
- Add vinegar, olive oil, sugar, celery seed, ground turmeric, and ground pepper to bowl or jar with tight fitting lid..
- Stir or shake to combine. Add cucumbers and red onion; cover and refrigerate to marinate..
- Stir or shake several times to coat..
- Don’t forget to put the proper ingredients in the proper recipe 😃👍🏼.
Use red onion instead of sweet onion. Use cherry tomatoes instead of regular tomatoes. This cucumber salad recipe is easy to prepare. You can make it in no time with a few simple ingredients, including cucumber, onion, vinegar, and dill. Marinate: Add the sliced or chunked cucumber and sliced sweet onion and toss to coat.