This is the official 0.16 release of FreeCAD for Windows and Mac OS platforms. Linux users are advised to get FreeCAD from their distribution's repository, or from our PPA if using Ubuntu. There is also a build for Debian Jessie on OBS
Operating system: Mac, Windows. Price: $195/month, $1,260/year. Try out the free trial! FreeCAD is a multiplatfom (Windows, Mac and Linux), highly customizable and extensible software. It reads and writes to many open file formats such as STEP, IGES, STL, SVG, DXF, OBJ, IFC, DAE and many others, making it possible to seamlessly integrate it into your workflow. Designed for your needs. FreeCAD is designed to fit a wide range of. SketchUp (formerly Google Sketchup) is a 3D modeling computer program for a wide.
The .AppImage is new and should work on most modern 64 bit Linux distributions. Download the file and make it executable. It's self contained and should be portable. As this package is new PLEASE report all bugs, comments, issues, or concerns to the dedicated forum topic http://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15525
OS X build supports >=10.9
Win x86 supports XP/Vista/7/8/10
Win x64 supports Vista/7/8/10
AppImage should support most modern 64 bit Linux Distros (Debian Wheezy is known not to work)
Included in this release is also the libpack package that contains pre-compiled libraries needed for compiling FreeCAD 0.16.67xx on Windows, with several versions of the Visual Studio compiler. This is NOT needed for installing and running FreeCAD, only if you wish to compile FreeCAD yourself.
a-freecad-manual.pdf is Yorik's new FreeCAD 0.16 Manual
FreeCAD-0.16.6700_Quick_Reference_Cards.7z contributed by bejant provide a handy aid to FreeCAD's menu commands and keyboard shortcuts
FreeCAD.Manual.0.16.pdf is the auto-generated manual from the wiki
Part 11. Sculptris
Features and functions:
· The Sculptris serves as a powerful yet elegant tool for designing 3D art-forms or sculpting through digital media.
Freecad For Macos
· The program, at its centre, provides the user with a clay ball each time it is run, from where on one can proceed with designing/sculpting .
· The toolkit and the mechanism for creation of designs are unique yet easy to understand.
· Sculptris makes it possible to drag and place clay models, alter their shape and size, materialize your designs in any desired fashion.
· The tool in sculptris functions solely through mouse buttons.
Pros of Sculptris:
· Thisfree CAD software for Macneeds no prior installation.
· It is a lightweight program that serves as an effective and utility application for 3D modelling ventures.
· This program helps create amazing designs without having to go through tedious learning curves or learn extensive technical concepts.
Cons of Sculptris:
· Certain editing options such as 'undo' and some commands are not easily accessible.
· Support or software-specific help are not too particular and can be developed for better user experience.
· The interface does not quite match up to the industrial standards.
·Easy UI (user interface) enables learning of complete program via trial and error in a less than an hour rendering virtually anything you may be able to sculpt with clay instantly with professional quality.
· Very simple. Can export to brush (using GoZ) or as an ob_x_ject to be opened.