Use the LastPass Mac App
The LastPass Mac app, which you can use whether or not Safari is running. Emma Witman/Business Insider 7. Open Safari, and in the topline menu bar in your Mac tap Safari (next to the Apple symbol. Password management app LastPass was today updated to version 4.0, introducing an entirely new design and a range of new features across the company's Mac/PC.
The LastPass App for Mac allows you to view, edit, and manage your Vault directly from your desktop from a standalone application, while still giving you a streamlined access to launching your sites into the Safari web browser for an automatic login.
Are you seeing something different? You may be using the LastPass for Safari app extension. For more information, please see instructions for how to install and/or how to use the LastPass for Safari app extension.
Install and log in
LastPass is a password manager that secures your online life. It will manage all your logins and passwords for you. Montgomery County Community College purchased and deployed LastPass. This is the same Mac app that includes the LastPass browser extension for Safari. Click here for Safari extension installation help. LastPass for Chrome (full version) LastPass browser extension for Google Chrome (full version) provides extra features such as sharing the login state with other browsers.
You can download and install the LastPass Mac App, then launch it and log in.Tip:
If you are a LastPass Enterprise or Identity admin, please see Install LastPass Software Using the Admin Console.
- Download and install the LastPass Mac app from LastPass at https://lastpass.com/misc_download2.php#app-for-mac.
- Once installed, click Open launch it.
- Enter your username and Master Password, then click Log In.You have installed and logged in to the LastPass Mac App, and your Vault is now displayed.
- How do I use the LastPass Mac App Vault?
- How do I add or manage Vault items in the LastPass Mac App?
- How do I use the LastPass Menu Bar options for the LastPass Mac App?
- How do I manage Preferences for the LastPass Mac App?
- How do I set up and use Touch ID for the LastPass Mac App?
- How do I use LastPass HotKeys on my Mac?
- How do I log out or quit the LastPass Mac App?
- Manage Web Browser Extension Preferences
- Manage Your Vault
- Why do I see a message that 'LastPass.app would like to receive keystrokes from any application' and should I allow it?
- Can I change the default web browser used for the LastPass Mac desktop app?
LastPass is a password manager that secures your online life. It will manage all your logins and passwords for you. Montgomery County Community College purchased and deployed LastPass for you to use.
NOTE: Only store College related data in your LastPass account.
If you would like to store personal data in LastPass, please consider creating a personal account, which you can link to your College account by following these steps - https://blog.lastpass.com/2011/08/new-lastpass-enterprise-feature-link-your-personal-account-to-your-company-account.html
1. Open your email and look for a message from Last Pass.
In the email, click on 'click here' to activate your account.
2. Follow the steps to create an account and type a 'New Master Password'
3. Scroll down and Re-Enter your New Master Password
4. Click the check boxes for
a. I have read and agree with the terms of service and privacy statement.
b. I understand that my encrypted data will be sent to LastPass.
5. Click Save Master Password.
6. You will get a text box that says 'Welcome to LastPass.'
7. Click OK
8. Under Available Downloads, make sure Recommended is red.
9. Click Download.
10. In the dialog box, 'You have chosen to open:,' click Open with Archive Utility (default)
11. Click Ok.
12. This will download the LastPass software onto your computer into a folder called lpmacosx
13. Double-click on the folder to open the folder.14. Double-click on LastPass Installer.app to install the software.
15. If you get the message, 'Are you sure...,' click Open
16. You will be taken to a page to install LastPass for your web browsers.
17. Click Install LastPass
18. Click Close All Browsers
19. LastPass Installer wants to make changes. Type in your Name and College Password.
20. Click Ok.
21. Click the triangle next to Log in to expand that section.
22. Type in your Email and your LastPass Master Password
23. Click Log in.
24. Under the 'Secure Your Computer' prompt, click Import.
25. You will receive a message of Success.
26. Click OK for the message telling you that the LastPass will open Firefox and that you must manually install the LastPass plugin.
27. LastPass should open a new tab and take you to the page where you can download the plugin for Firefox.
28. Click Download Now
29. Click Allow if you get the message 'Firefox prevented this site from asking you to install software on your computer.'
30. Click Install. The site will install an add-on for Firefox.
31. LastPass has been installed successfully.
The LastPass browser add-on is installed and enabled. You can sign in to your LastPass account now.
1. Go to a web page that requires you to log in.
2. Click the LastPass icon in the box where you will type in your username.
Click the LastPass icon in the toolbar of your browser.
3. Type in your Email and Master Password.
4. Click Login
This will change the icon in the tool bar to red.
NOTE: If you are even on a computer without LastPass installed, you can use the web vault, at https://lastpass.com/ to log in and view your passwords.
|5. The first time you log in, you will need to click Begin Enabling Duo Security to setup Duo Security.|
|6. Confirm your Duo Security username. This will be your College username.|
|7. The multifactor authentication is then enabled.|
|8. Complete the multifactor authentication on your phone or mobile device.|
Start Saving Logins to LastPass
1. Go to a website where you have an online account (For example, mc3.edu and click MY MC3 LOGIN)
2. Enter your username and password.
3. Click the LastPass asterisk located on the right side of the box with your username.
5. Fill in your Username and Password information
6. Click Save credentials for this site.
When you return to a web site that you€™ve saved, LastPass will fill in the login fields for you automatically
Lastpass For Mac
Other LastPass Videos and Tutorials:
Lastpass For Mac 10.11
|https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYNlxpRGi08 LastPass Getting Started|
https://www.youtube.com/user/lpuser11 - LastPass Youtube channel