Skype for Business - Office 365, Mac How come 'Schedule a Skype Meeting' icon is not on my Outlook calendar tool bar like in the tutorial? A moderator moved your post from Skype consumer to Skype for Business. This thread is locked. You can follow the question.
- This plan works with Office 2019, Office 2016, and Office 2013. Previous versions of Office, such as Office 2010, may work with Office 365 with reduced functionality. This compatibility with Office does not include the Office 365 F3 plans. After your 1-month free trial, you will be charged the applicable subscription fee.
- Get the worldwide standard for desktop apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and more. Create, view, and edit in real time across all your devices with desktop and mobile apps for Windows PCs, iOS, Android, and Mac. Get the latest features and capabilities with fully installed and always up-to-date.
- To install the latest version of Office, follow the steps in Download and install or reinstall Office on your PC or Mac. For Microsoft 365 admins: If you're a Microsoft 365 admin and want to upgrade users in your organization to the latest Office version, see Upgrade users to the latest Office client using Microsoft 365 for business.
Office 365 For Mac Trial
Install instructions for Office 365 for business customers using Mac
1. Click on Office 365 from your portal homepage
2. At the top of your Office 365 page, choose > Office 365 settings.
3. Click Skype for Business in the left Menu
|4. Click Install. This will download the Skype Installer.|
|5. Once the download is complete, click your downloads and click on the 'SkypeForBusinessInstaller' and follow the installation wizard|
|6. Launch Skype for Business from the Applications folder.|
|7. Follow the setup and install any recommended updates|
|8. Enter your email address as requested and click Continue|
|9. Enter your password on the next screen, check Keep me signed in and click the Sign In button on the bottom right|
|10. Proceed to use Skype|
OneDrive for Business is part of Office 365 and offers the ability to store files in the cloud, access them from multiple computers, and share them with others. Accessing OneDrive for Business using a Mac can accessed on a college owned device by downloading and installing the client at:
1. Download the sync client from the app store.
2. Search for OneDrive and then click on get.
Office 365 For Business For Mac Computers
With OneDrive app closed run the appropriate terminal commands on this Microsoft Support page.
Then follow the steps below:
1. Launch the program by double clicking on the OneDrive open command.
2. Click through the Get Started to begin the sync with the computer.
|3. Enter your MCCC email address for the user name and your MCCC password|
5. Click Choose OneDrive for Business Folder Location Automatically open at log in and show/hide the dock icon
6. Click and uncheck Open at login to prevent the client from opening at startup. Click and uncheck Hide Dock icon to remove it from the dock
|7. Choose the location for your OneDrive for Business folder (by default it will create it in the documents folder)|
8. The next screen will confirm the path you have chosen for the location of the OneDrive for Business folder.
This completes the set up process you will now see a OneDrive Business folder under your favorites within finder.
NOTE: The OneDrive app requires Mac OS X 10.7.3 (Lion) or later.
What does the OneDrive folder do?
When you install the OneDrive app for Mac, a copy of your OneDrive is downloaded to your Mac and put in the OneDrive folder. This folder is kept in sync with OneDrive. If you add, change, or delete a file or folder on the OneDrive website, the file or folder is added, changed, or deleted in your OneDrive folder and vice versa.
To upload files to OneDrive automatically, just copy or move the files to your OneDrive folder using the Finder, or save them in your OneDrive folder from an app. Files you upload this way can be up to 10 GB in size. If you installed the OneDrive app on other computers, the files will automatically be added to the OneDrive folders on them, too.
You can also use the Finder to rename and delete files, create new folders, and move files around in your OneDrive folder. The changes will automatically be made in OneDrive and your other computers that have the OneDrive app installed.
To rotate photos in OneDrive, open them in Preview, rotate them, and then save them. The photos will be automatically updated in OneDrive.
If you use a lot of storage space in OneDrive, it might take a long time to download all your files when you first install the OneDrive app. For tips on maximizing the transfer speed, see Maximize upload and download speed.
Do I have to install the OneDrive app on all of my computers?
No. If you don't want to keep all the files in your OneDrive on a computer, you can still work with your OneDrive on that computer by going to the OneDrive website.
Why do I have to confirm my OneDrive folder on my Mac?
OneDrive is following recommendations from Apple that Mac OS X apps have sandboxing. With sandboxing, the OneDrive app will access only the files it needs on your Mac. This means we need to ask you to confirm the location of your OneDrive folder. If you select any folder other than your current OneDrive folder, you'll have to go back through setup and re-download the contents of your OneDrive. To learn more about app sandboxing, search the Apple website.
How do I show or hide the OneDrive app icon in the Dock?
The OneDrive app icon is hidden by default. To show it in the Dock, click to deselect the Hide Dock iconcheckbox in Preferences.
Can I choose folders in my OneDrive that I don't want to sync on my Mac?
Yes. When you first set up OneDrive, click Choose folders to sync. If you didn't do this when you set up OneDrive, you can do it in Preferences:
Click the OneDrive icon in the menu bar.
Click Preferences, click the Choose Folders tab, and then click Choose Folders.
For each folder, you can choose to sync everything in the folder, individual folders within the folder, and files that aren't in any subfolders within the folder. If you choose to sync only some items, new items you add to the OneDrive folder on your Mac will sync to OneDrive, but items you add to OneDrive from the website or other devices won't be synced to your Mac unless they're in the folders you chose to sync. If you choose to stop syncing folders on your Mac, they'll be deleted from the OneDrive folder on that computer, but they'll remain in OneDrive.
NOTE: You can't choose individual files you want to sync, and you can't choose to sync files or folders shared with you.
Can I change the name or location of my OneDrive folder?
No, you can't currently do this. If you use the Finder to rename or move your OneDrive folder, OneDrive will stop working.
Can I use OneDrive to get to files and folders on my Mac that aren’t saved in my OneDrive folder?
No, the Fetch files feature is available only on PCs. This also means you can't stream videos that are on a Mac from the OneDrive website.
Can I change the account I use with OneDrive?
You can change the account you use with OneDrive, but you can't use the folder with multiple accounts at the same time. To change the account you use with OneDrive, choose Sign Out from the menu bar.
Can I recover files or folders I deleted?
Check the Trash for files you deleted from the OneDrive folder on your Mac.
How do I uninstall the OneDrive app?
Just drag the OneDrive app to the Trash.