- What is the best alternative to YouTube Video Editor in 2020?
- Is there some free video editing software for YouTube available in the market?
- What is the best video editor for YouTube free?
YouTube is not only a great place to watch videos but also a fantastic platform to share your own created videos with friends all over the world. Uploading videos to YouTube is easy, but it is not easy to create an awesome video. More and more YouTube users want to find a professional video editing software for YouTube, free or paid.
Video Editor for Mac and Windows - The best free video editing software to rotate, clip, crop, watermark and convert video and audio files on your Mac (macOS Catalina/macOS Mojave and Windows 10 included).
- The best video editor overall is: Adobe Premiere Pro For a small monthly sub, Premiere Pro offers outstanding value for money. It's the industry-standard video editing program, used by the pros.
- Verdict: Openshot is an open source Mac video editing software. It may remind iMovie with its easy to use drag-and-drop interface. However, Openshot contains more features than iMovie, including an unlimited number of layers and sound mixing. This free video editor for Mac offers a good balance between advanced features and a simple interface.
- Free Video Editor by DVDVideoSoft Limited is one of the most popular and easy-to-use video editors on the market. Since, at this point, there is no version of Free Video Editor for Mac, you can use any utility from this list as an alternative solution.
Can't Miss: What Video Editing Software Do YouTubers Use
Yes, you will come across many free or paid YouTube video maker or editor software over the Internet to cooperate. All YouTube video editing software has distinct features that you should look out for and pros and cons. The following top 5 free video editors for YouTube will give you a good starting point.
In short: If you're looking for the best video editing software for YouTube (like me), you'll love this guide.
Now, let's get started.
Filmora Video Editor - Best YouTube Video Maker [Free or Paid]
Filmora Video Editor for Windows (or Filmora Video Editor for Mac) is the best video editing software for YouTube on Mac or Windows. This video editor for YouTube has many effects that you can use to personalize your video when editing. They include intro/credit, where you will enjoy multiple templates and transitions to help develop a flawless exchange from one scene to another, sound, effect and filters. The selection will be all yours to make, and you should be very keen on what you decide to use with your video. Furthermore, this powerful YouTube video editing software supports many file formats and guarantees high quality to edited files.
- This video editing software for YouTube has video color correction, which allows for adjustment of brightness, saturation, and contrast.
- A green screen is another feature that makes it possible to replace the background.
- Scene detection helps to know when changes have been made to scenes.
- Face off offers fun faces for making a video funny.
- PIP effect makes it possible to overlay more than one video together.
- Handy video editing tools and provide various video and audio effects.
- Different output options help you directly upload a video to YouTube or Vimeo for sharing as you like.
Easy Steps to Use This Best Video Editing Software for YouTube
The Filmora YouTube Video Editing software is very affordable and can edit both videos and audios. With this software, you can edit the YouTube video, which helps apply effects or customize your video.
Step 1. Import the Video for YouTube
At first, you need to download the Filmora Video Editor from the official website. After the installation, you can import the video clips by two methods. Click the 'FULL FEATURE MODE' from the main window. You can directly drag your videos to the software or click on the 'Import Media Files Here' button to import all video clips to Filmora Video Editor.
Step 2. Edit Your Video Clips
Drag the video clips to the timeline directly, now you can adjust the video clips' order by clicking on the video clips and drag, and you can also trim unwanted video clips.
Step 3. Add Effects to Your Videos
After you cut and splice the video clips to a complete video you want to post to YouTube, you can choose to add some effects on the video to make it unique.
For example, you can add filters to the video, click on the 'FILTERS' option from the menu, and see all the Filmora Video Editor's filters. Please select a suitable filter and drag it to a timeline to apply.
In addition to the filter, there are many other effects you can apply to your videos, including transitions, overlays, audio effect, and others as follows:
- How to overlay videos (picture in picture)
- How to make a split-screen video
- How to make cool videos with effects
Step 4. Export the Videos to YouTube Directly
After you are satisfied with your video editing, you can preview the excellent video in Filmora Video Editor first and then export it to YouTube directly.
If you want to learn more technical skills about how to perform the Filmora Video Editor, please check the below video tutorial to find something you might not know before:
Top 4 Free YouTube Video Editing Software for Windows, Mac OS X
When you are looking for the best free YouTube video editing software program to use with Mac, iMovie will be the best choice to consider. This free video editing software for YouTube allows for easy importing of videos and editing to add effects, insert titles, and add soundtracks. A simple drag and drop will help you add files to the program.
- This video editor for YouTube is straightforward to use. And it is the best alternative to the YouTube Video Editor.
- This video editing tool has a friendly interface and allows for the sharing of edited videos online. Those are the standout advantages you will enjoy.
- One of the most significant disadvantages of iMovie is the inability to import files in MP4 format.
- It is not readily available because of its price tag that ranges around $14.99.
Windows Movie Maker (Windows)
This YouTube video editing software is another best video editing software for YouTube videos, and Microsoft designs it. You can create, edit, and publish your videos using this program on online sites like YouTube and Facebook. That will help in enhancing your overall editing experience. It has support for many transitions, effects, and titles to help customize the video.
- The key advantages of using this software program are available for free.
- This video editor for YouTube is easy for beginners to learn.
- This video editing tool offers a variety of editing tools and functions and perfect for photos slide shows.
Video Editor For Mac Free Full Version
- When you choose this program, expect to enjoy limitations on the number of features you will enjoy because it comes for free.
- This video editing tool is not suitable for advanced users.
- It is highly prone to crashing down, thus not reliable enough.
YouTube Video Editor (Windows and Mac)
This free YouTube video editor allows for easy customizing of video files through specialized tools and effects. It would be best if you chose the right combination of those that will suit your video editing. Also, the program helps in trimming down the size of videos.
- You will have an easy time learning how to use this program.
- This video editing tool works at high speeds, and it is available for free and allows adding music to video.
- Its availability for free means this program comes with limitations on some features.
- You will enjoy only the basic features.
LightWorks (Windows and Mac)
This free editing software is a professional, free video editing software for YouTube that you can use to work on any YouTube files. It's non-linear and has support for resolutions amounting to 4K. It works well with videos on both HD and SD formats. If you have a film that you want to edit, LightWorks will be an excellent choice to consider at any given time.
- The ability to customize is the most significant advantage of using this software program.
- Different platforms support other pros.
- Support for professional video editing and availability as paid or free versions.
- This video editing tool lacks FireWire support for Linux.
- The pro version has changed in pricing and does not offer any help with essential hints alone.
Write in the End
Although some online video editors or editing apps for YouTube provide the most promising results, there aren't as good as professional video editors available for Windows and Mac. One of the most significant disadvantages is that you will not edit the videos if you don't have an internet connection. Moreover, if your video needs a lot of editing, you can't perform all the functions using online video editors.
So, suppose you want to create a fantastic video or have some YouTube video requirements. In that case, I'd like to strongly recommend the Filmora Video Editor or Filmora Video Editor for Mac for your reference. It can help you quickly make a cool video with effects.
This post is focused on the video editing software for YouTube, so if you want to find video editor for other platforms like Chromebook, etc., you can view the recommendation in this site.
Related Articles & Tips
Remember those days when we had to rush to a professional video editing expert just to get our simplest home videos edited and made into a CD? Well, not anymore! A big thanks to the technological revolution and advanced software innovation, video editing has become like child’s play. Now whether you want to create a beautiful birthday composition or a musical parody from camcorder, video editing doesn’t feel like hassle anymore. If you’re looking for a useful video editing software for Mac, you’ve landed at the right place. So, without wasting any extra minute, let’s explore these 15 best software to edit videos on Mac you would like to sink your teeth into.
15 Best Video Editing Software for Mac
Filmora has established itself to be one of the best video editing software for Mac by being as good as iMovie. Filmora comes along with a simple user interface designed to be accessible to anyone of any age group. All you need to do is simply drag and drop, cut and chop your videos until you get the desired effect, ideal for home movies to share with the family.
Yes, it surely had to be #1 on this list. Apple iMovie’s simple interface makes it quite easy to use—even for amateurs. You can edit your video clips, apply a background music, or add some funky captions however you like it to be. You can also take advantage of advanced features that allow changing the speed of a video, the addition of split-screen effects and picture-in-picture capability. You can instantly grab it from Mac App Store.
3. Adobe Premiere Clip
Adobe Premiere Clip makes it fast and fun to create quality videos that can be easily shared on social platforms. With Adobe, you can work with anything from virtual reality to 8K footage in native format. Adobe has always been a pioneer in image or video editing which is one of the fine reason what makes this tool one of the best video editing software for Mac. Get it now:
See Also: 10 Best Video Converter Software for Mac
4. Final Cut Pro
Final Cut Pro combines revolutionary video editing with powerful media organization and incredible performance to let you create at the speed of thought. No, it doesn’t end right here. It uses all the GPUs in your Mac for superior real-time playback performance and fast background rendering. Get it now:
Video Editor For Mac Free No Watermark Speed Up And Add Music To Videos
Read More – 10 Best Video Editing Software for YouTubers
5. Avid Media Composer
When it comes to video editing software then Avid Media Composer is one professional piece of choice. With its unique Source Browser feature you can navigate through your clips, have a glimpse of the previews and import media files as well. Get it now:
Also Read: Best Free Batch Image Resizer for Mac
6. DaVinci Resolve
The Studio rendition of Da Vinci Resolve costs about $1,000 — however the basic version is totally free. Better still it incorporates a similar high quality image creating capacities in the pricier adaptation, an enhanced video editor, some portion also includes color amendment abilities. And the best part is that it even supports external hard drives for faster video editing. Grab it now:
See Also: 10 Best Duplicate File Finder Tools for Mac
If you’re looking for a cross-platform tool, then OpenShot can prove to be one of the best video editing software for Mac in this category. It quickly trim down your videos, and find those perfect moments. Get it now:
It is another free, open source, cross-stage video supervisor; however currently it is still under dynamic improvement. The components are similarly as noteworthy as OpenShot, yet Shotcut additionally includes a simple looking interface that more nearly takes after a genius level application than a free open source effort. Get it now:
Blender is a free 3D demonstrating and compositing application that has been utilized as a part of some entirely prominent creations. What many don’t understand is that it’s additionally a proficient non-linear video editor, provided you’re willing to undergo an opportunity to learn. Get it now:
Also Read: Best EXIF Data Editor for Mac: Photos Exif Editor
10. iSky Soft Video convertor
iSkysoft Video Converter is another prominent and amazing video editor for MAC. It converts video 30X speedier particularly changing over H.264 encoded video, like, mov, m4v, m2ts, mts, mkv, flv, ts, mp4, vob and avi. One of the best component of this video editing application is that it converts videos in 3D designs including AVCHD MTS/M2TS and others as well. Grab it now:
11. Total Video Convertor
Total Video Converter lets you trim, edit, enhance and watch video after editing. You can easily convert video more than 200 formats with 30X times faster conversion speed. It is easy-to-use screen recording tool which records lossless videos. Get it now:
See Also: 10 Best Mac Cleaner Software to speed up your Mac
12. Movie Edit Pro
Movie Edit Pro is a well known video editors for MAC which enables you to merge recordings, pictures and sound to make another video. You can undoubtedly create stunning and fabulous family film utilizing the pictures and sound. It is easy to use and helpful for the individuals who love to video shooting and editing. Get it now:
13. Video Editor Redux
Video editor Redux has some uncommon video editing highlight which let you to alter and line together video cuts, music and content, apply effects and create an expert looking home film in less than now time. You can without much of a stretch apply stunning moves, channels, and more on your video to alter it on your MAC. It has astounding features like trim, yield, split video into sections, switch play and others. Get it now.
Kdenlive has grown significantly throughout the years, and now looks more like an expert video editing suite than the it used to. The most recent rendition highlights multi-track video altering, bolster for an extensive number of video configurations, impacts and moves, the capacity to include titles, support for keyframes and a customizable interface. Grab it now.
Also Read: How to Send and Receive iPhone Text Messages on Your Mac
15. Shred Video
Shred video is free for all users you can without much of a stretch download it from app store and utilize it on your Mac for Free. One of the best element of this is to share your shred video to your shred profile as well. You can easily access and get to and watch it anyplace on web. So, what are you waiting for? Start making great movies in seconds! Get it now:
So, fellas, here were the 15 best video editing software for Mac that caught our eye. If we missed out your favorite one, feel free to drop us a comment!