Fixed: Western Digital My Passport X 2TB not Recognised Issue
If your computer does not recognize the WD My Passport 2TB hard drive, follow these guidelines to resolve it.
Wd 2tb For Mac
- Re-insert the WD My Passport. The first and foremost thing is to remove the WD My Passport safely.
- Every journey needs a passport. The My Passport™ for Mac drive is trusted, portable storage that perfectly complements your on-the-go lifestyle. Compatible with USB-C™ and USB-A, the My Passport for Mac drive comes equipped to connect with today's latest technology. With a new, stylish design that fits in the palm of your hand, there’s space to store, organize, and share all the.
- The Western Digital Ultra Portable 2TB external hard drive is a small and portable hard drive that can securely store your files offline. The WD My Passport Ultra comes with the software which can be easily installed on your Windows/Mac computer.
- WD Elements™ portable hard drives with USB 3.0 offer reliable, high-capacity storage to go, fast data transfer rates, universal connectivity and massive capacity for value-conscious consumers.
Buy WD 2TB My Passport Ultra for Mac Portable Storage External Hard Drive USB-C Silver WDBKYJ0020BSL-WESN with fast shipping and top-rated customer service.Once you know, you Newegg!
Wd My Passport 2tb For Mac Review
Wd My Passport 2tb For Mac
- Click the Windows icon on the desktop to open the Start menu.
- Enter ‘Computer Management’ in the text field and press Enter.
- Locate the Disk Management option below Storage and click it.
- There should be a hard drive with the name (Disk a Partition a) without a volume letter such as C, D, or E.
- Right-click it and choose ‘Change Drive Letter and Paths’ from the contextual menu.
- The ‘Allow access to this volume by using the following drive letter and paths’ screen appears. Click Add.
- The ‘Add Drive Letter or Path’ window appears.
- Click the ‘Assign the following drive letter’ radio button and then select a volume letter from the drop-down list. Click OK.
- You can try a simpler method first to check whether there is a problem with the WD hard drive/USB port/USB cable.
- Try connecting the WD hard drive to a different USB port on your computer.
- Use another USB cable to connect the My Passport 2TB to your computer. If the WD hard drive is detected, it means that there is a problem with the old USB cable.
- Update the WD My Passport X 2TB setup driver and check whether this solves the detection issue.